COACH GUIDELINES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While at Training:
• BGSC Training Staff will prepare and run all Training Sessions.
• Coaches should assist the BGSC Training Staff when needed.
Please assist in providing players with individual coaching points, fixing technique, etc.
• Training sessions are geared towards providing our players with as much soccer as possible.
• Limit coaching points and stoppages to allow the maximum amount of playing possible.
• Training Times/Dates/Cancellations/Changes will be determined by the Club.
There will be no additional sessions permitted unless approved by the board.
• Coaches will enforce dress code - Players will train in their BGSC Training Kit.
• Coaches should dress professionally at all BGSC Training Session (Athletic shorts, shirts, etc.)
• Please promote Drop-Ins for your players.
Drop-ins provide the opportunity for extra touches which in return makes our players and teams better!
While at Games:
• Coaches will arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of every game.
• Warm up will start 25 minutes prior to the start of the game.
• Warm up will consist of a Passing Series, Possession Game, and a Finishing exercise.
• Players will be provided with the opportunity to play different positions throughout the season.
This helps with individual player development, and creates an overall more rounded player for your team!
• Please use positive coaching methods when coaching.
• Refrain from only pointing out the negative; be sure to provide positive feedback as well.
• DO NOT OVERCOACH! Let the players play the game. It is easy to point out the mistakes.
Provide simple pointers throughout the game, but let the players solve the problems on the field.
• Take notes of common tendencies and mistakes.
We will work on those items at the next week's training sessions.
• Refrain from being vocal towards the referee.
*Coaches will be respectful to their players, referees, opponents, and spectators.*